We work with industry to improve productivity and resilience in an agile, competitive and sustainable way. Providing excellence in measurement science and innovation, we cover all aspects of the product lifecycle:
- Design - supporting the designer through ‘know how’
- Test - meeting the regulatory needs of products or services
- Make - assurance through data acquisition and analysis of process or product
- Use - qualify process/product for thorough life capability management
Manufacturing industry has a long-standing acceptance and understanding of the benefits of metrology, particularly for physical measurement. Standards, operating procedures, protocols and artefacts are widely used, which will facilitate the progression of metrology to support the acquisition and use of data to enhance industrial prosperity.
NPL is supporting manufacturers to:
- meet existing regulatory or legislative requirements
- provide the capability that underpins a broad range of research areas
- sustain core metrology capability for UK business within existing laboratories
- realise and maintain the SI units and primary measurement scales at existing scope and uncertainty levels
Contact us to find out more about our work in prosperity and learn more of the expertise available through collaboration with our experts.