Access specialist science and engineering expertise at no charge
Measurement for Quantum is an NPL scheme which provides up to 20 days of specialist quantum measurement expertise to solve your business’s measurement challenges at no charge. Through Measurement for Quantum we are helping companies to bridge the gap from a technology prototype in a research environment to an industry-ready, innovative new product or service.
NPL is supporting innovation by helping companies bring new products to market more quickly and reliably, which will deliver the confidence required for investment.
Applying to Measurement for Quantum is simple, applications are assessed through a non-competitive process and take just minutes to complete via a single online form.
How Measurement for Quantum can help your company
Measurement for Quantum helps boosts resilience and competitiveness by bringing together world-leading quantum scientists, engineers and facilities to address problems in innovative ways.
As the UK’s National Metrology Institute with a strong quantum capability, NPL is uniquely placed to provide the independent testing required by the sector. This programme will help the UK to be an international leader in the industrialisation of quantum technology and increase the speed of return on investment for businesses and Government.
NPL can provide measurements, consultancy and advice in the following areas of quantum technology:
- Small current and quantum noise measurements
- Measurement of material-induced noise in superconducting quantum circuits
- Nanoscale imaging of physical properties for applications in quantum devices
- Characterisation of compact lasers and other photonic components
- Characterisation of single-photon sources and detectors
- Semiconductor optoelectronic devices characterisation and analysis
- Cryogenic-temperature semiconductor device characterisation
- Physical characterisation of quantum materials and devices in operational environment
Quick and easy to apply
To apply, complete the online form providing a short overview (maximum 300 words) of your measurement or analysis challenge and how solving it will help your business. The application process is non-competitive and the Measurement for Quantum team will assess your submission. If eligible, a technical expert will be in touch directly.
This is a specialist area so please contact us if you would like to discuss your requirements and challenges prior to your application.