The programme offers the opportunity to:
Collaborate at a senior level with partner organisations that collectively deliver the UK's National Measurement Strategy: the National Physical Laboratory (NPL); the UK National Measurement Laboratory (NML) at LGC; the National Institute for Biological Standards and Control (NIBSC); and the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
We appreciate ideas may be at an early stage of development. For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please email to book a telephone appointment with Dr Catherine Ross, Scientific Lead at NHS England and NHS Improvement.
The selection process will include an application form and an interview. The closing date for applications will be noon, Friday 24th April 2020.
Interview will be held in London on 16 & 17 OR 23 & 24 June 2020.
- Build long term scientific collaborations between clinical, research and industry teams to successfully address health challenges and speed up the identification and dissemination of healthcare innovations.
- Advise at a national level through membership on the Office of the Chief Scientific Officer's NHS England senior advisory group.
- Input into the UK's National Measurement System research programmes to help ensure they provide benefit to the NHS and address key clinical challenges.
- Critically explore and expand your research idea through a eighteen month programme of outcomes-focused master classes, action learning sets and mastermind sessions with topic experts and improvement colleagues at the King's Fund.
- Professional speaking and ambassadorial opportunities and attendance at the National Chief Scientific Officer's Conference 2021.