1 minute read
NPL is delighted to announce it is a signatory of the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter and committed to improving racial equality in the workplace.
Signing the Charter means taking practical steps to ensure workplaces are tackling barriers that Black, Asian, Mixed Raced and other ethnically diverse people face in recruitment and progression and that the organisation is representative of communities, customers and clients and British society today.
There are seven key Race at Work Charter commitments which include:
- Appointing an Executive Sponsor for race
- Capturing ethnicity data and publicise progress
- Committing to zero tolerance of racial harassment and bullying
- Ensuring that supporting equality is the responsibility of all leaders
- Supporting ethnic minority career progression
- Supporting Race Inclusion Allies in the workplace
- Include ethnically diverse led businesses in supply chains
Alan Brewin, Science and Engineering Director, NPL said: "I am delighted that NPL has signed up to the Race at Work Charter which states our commitment to tackling the challenges and disparities faced by our ethnically diverse colleagues. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all of the NPL community feels valued."
Find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at NPL
27 Oct 2022