Dimensional X-ray Computed Tomography Conference
The Dimensional X-ray Computed Tomography (dXCT) conference is an annual conference, coordinated by the NPL, presenting and disseminating the latest developments in XCT for dimensional measurement and its industrial impact across a variety of applications. The conference is expected to define synergies and opportunities of collaborations between different organisations and commercial representatives.
In it's 5th year it is being hosted at The University of Manchester; Royce Institute and HMXIF.
Venue and Location
The conference will take place in the Schuster Building, at the University of Manchester which has excellent road, rail and train links. For details of how to get to Manchester, please visit the University 'How to find us' page.
For overseas visitors, the most convenient point of arrival is Manchester International Airport
Delegates will need to organise their own accommodation as the Secretariat are unable to make room reservations on behalf of delegates. List of close options will be posted here.
Local Organising Committee
- Tristan Lowe (University of Manchester)
- Martin Turner (University of Manchester, STFC)
- Hanna Saunders (Royce Institute University of Manchester)
- Dr Farah Ahmed (Exponent)
- Dr Alex Attridge (WMG, University of Warwick)
- Mr Stephen Brown (NPL, Teddington)
- Dr Paul Gunning (Smith & Nephew)
- Prof Richard Leach (University of Nottingham)
- Prof Michael McCarthy (UCL)
- Dr Wenjuan Sun (NPL, Teddington)
- Dr Adam Thompson (University of Nottingham)
- Dr Jay Warnett (WMG, University of Warwick)
- Mr Richard Watson (AWE)
Registration will open presently.
Please consider also registering for information with the DXCT Linkedin group
Call for Papers
Submitted research will be presented in oral and poster formats with prizes awarded for the best submissions.
Pre-conference days of training and tutorials focused on 3D dimensional metrology and dimensional metrology with XCT, will be provided and can be booked at an extra cost during registration. Please note that numbers for the training day may be limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Metrology for Additive Manufacturing
- Dimensional CT for Medical/Bio Applications
- CT in Automotive and Aerospace
- Challenges of High Density Components
- New developments in XCT
- Developing Production Ready Workflows
- Traceability and Verification
- 19 of April abstract submission deadline
- 26 of April Acceptance of abstracts
- 24 of June Registration deadline
The session topics for the conference will be:
- CT for Additive Manufacturing Dimensional
- CT for Medical/Bio Applications
- CT in Automotive and Aerospace Challenges of High Density Components
- New developments in XCT Developing Production Ready Workflows
- Traceability and Verification
Social Programme The DXCT Conference isn’t just about technical sessions and we’re preparing an exciting and full social programme. Drinks reception at the Royce Institute.
The DXCT Conference isn’t just about technical sessions and we’re preparing an exciting and full social programme.
- Drinks reception at the Royce Institute.
- Conference dinner
Opportunities are available to sponsor various aspects of the conference, for more information or to discuss sponsorship opportunities please contact email@example.com
If you would like to get involved or find out more information contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Monday, 29 June, 2020 - 10:00 to Thursday, 2 July, 2020 - 16:00