A typical set of data for X-rays and electron beams will be acquired according to the TPS measurements requirements, including:
- Profiles and depth ionisation and dose curves, electron isodose charts
- Square, rectangular and asymmetric - open and wedged fields
- Output factor measurements, including small fields
- Dose point measurements in reference and non-references conditions
- Scans of shaped fields for model verification purposes and fine tuning of beam model parameters.
We can work with most 3D scanning solutions available. Regardless of the choice, NPL will create the relevant measurement queues for the tasks involved. Based upon your preference, we can work with your local measurement systems and detectors or bring our own, including 3D water phantoms and
We have a set of detectors suitable for every type of measurements:
- Cylindrical and plane parallel ionisation chambers
- Small volume ionisation chambers for measurements in small fields
- Stereotactic, electron and photon diodes
- Secondary standard chamber and electrometers for relative and absolute output measurements
If you need to commission a mobile Linac or low-energy and medium-energy X-ray equipment, it will be possible to perform the beam data collection process in our laboratories in Teddington.