High accuracy calibrations in tension and compression
We provide high accuracy calibrations, in tension and compression, of force measurement equipment. Calibrations are undertaken on-site using our force transfer standard transducers which are directly traceable to UK national standards. We also offer a bespoke service to meet customers own requirements and procedures.
Force and load measurements are often required for safety or business critical applications, including the certification of lifting equipment (including chains and ropes), materials testing, verification of structural designs and performance testing of jet engines. Standards and regulations require that the accuracy of equipment used for such applications can be evidenced and is traceable to national standards.
NPL provides high accuracy calibrations, in tension and compression, of force machines. NPL calibrates machines used for both calibration and testing. Calibrations are undertaken on-site using NPL's force transfer standard transducers which are directly traceable to UK national standards.
- Calibration in tension up to 8 MN to ISO 7500-1 and ASTM E 4
- Calibration in compression up to 30 MN to ISO 7500-1 and ASTM E 4
- Calibration to customers’ own requirements and procedures
- Experienced calibration staff
Confidence in Measurement
NPL experts can provide a broad range assistance to provide companies with confidence in mechanical measurements.
- NPL can assist laboratories in gaining accreditation for their force calibration services. We can provide training and support the development of good practice through consultancy and audits.
- We can provide advice on the design, procurement and validation of equipment, ensuring that it is fit for purpose and adheres to good metrological practice.
- We have extensive experience in the design, construction and verification of bespoke force machines.
- Verification of industrial force standard machines. We carry out on site calibrations and can hire transducers to companies to perform their own investigations.
- Provision of advice on all aspects of metrology supported by the expertise of scientists working in many different areas of measurement science.
- Our force facilities are available for hire, customers can work with our experienced operators to carry out bespoke measurements.
Don’t see what you are looking for? Our diverse skill set enables us to provide bespoke solutions. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.