We operate a range of unique facilities, housed in state-of-the-art temperature-controlled laboratories, in order to offer the smallest measurement uncertainties in the UK.
What we do
Provide a range of standard and bespoke measurement services and solutions, many of which are accredited to ISO 17025.
Provide specialist advice and consultancy.
Undertake leading edge R&D to provide future measurement standards, instruments and services.
Dissemination of knowledge and best practice to industry through publications, training, networks and measurement services.
For general enquiries, please contact us
Latest News & Case Studies
- Calling all manufacturing companies: Have we captured your product verification challenges?
- NPL's new online course provides users with a comprehensive introduction to dimensional metrology.
- Scientists from NPL have installed a metrological atomic force microscope at the National Physical Laboratory of India.
- NPL's Huddersfield is offering Yorkshire & Humber manufacturing SMEs the opportunity to obtain free of charge support.
- NPL wins £4.4 million contract as part of ambitious Sharing in Growth programme.
- NPL is engaged in 11 of the 72 new Centres announced as part of £350 million funding to train over 3,500 postgraduate students.