- This event will discusses advancements in the electromagnetic sensors, metrology and modelling required to measure key microstructural parameters of steels non-destructively. A number of case studies will also be introduced where such technology has already been implemented.
- Have your say on the skills gap - join the NPL Training Workshop in September to help develop industry training capable of maintaining a strong manufacturing region.
- Only a matter of time16Sep2015IET lecture on how time has infiltrated different industries and why it is important to a microsecond level.
- Bushy House - Open Day19Sep2015Bushy House and gardens will be open to the general public as part of Open House London weekend.
- CIM 201521Sep2015The 17th International Congress of Metrology, being held in Paris, is where industry meets science to discover measurement technologies, explore industrial challenges and uncover the latest innovations.
- SMART Group European Conference 201522Sep2015A two-day conference, with a table-top exhibition, allowing delegates to see and meet many of the leading suppliers of materials, equipment and testing services in the industry.
- The aims of this two-day workshop are to initiate discussions between experts in the field of proton therapy physics; develop links and collaborations; as well as to inform relative new comers to the field, providing access to a network of experts.
- A one day workshop that will focus on how SMEs looking to undertake third party testing can benefit from the EU ETV scheme.
- This meeting will bring together leaders in industry, research institutes and universities to discuss the latest technology developments and new applications in optical metrology.
- Neutron Users' Club 201520Oct2015Annual meeting and focal point for discussion of the production, use and metrology of neutron fields.
- Incorporating the Ionising Radiation Metrology Forum, the Airborne Radioactivity Monitoring User Group, the Nuclear Spectrometry User Forum, the Liquid Scintillation User Forum, UK Nuclear Science Forum and the Royal Society of Chemistry Radiochemistry Group workshop on reference materials.
- Mass spectrometry imaging is a rapidly growing field to study molecules from the macro to nanoscale in 2D and 3D and in real-time. There are major challenges ahead to meet demanding requirements in biosciences and emerging electronics.
- Metrology for Additive Manufacturing08Dec2015This one day meeting will provide the background information and a number of technology reviews on developing the next generation of metrology tools for Additive Manufacturing.
- Monitoring Ambient Air 201509Dec2015This meeting will examine the challenges, present case studies, and offer the opportunity for discussion about these critical issues in the context of laboratory efficiency, innovation and the impact upon laboratory work.
NPL's training courses encourage learners to make a difference within their workplaces, giving them the opportunity to generate a return on investment for their employers whilst simultaneously improving corporate measurement capability.
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission