- This workshop will include in-depth coverage of high temperature piezoelectric measurements, piezoelectric resonance and interferometry measurements at high temperatures, comparison of measurement methods, uncertainties and best practice.
- The aim of this one and a half day workshop is to provide an open forum to discuss key issues associated with improving the measurement of High Temperature Solid Particle Erosion (HTSPE).
- Bridging the Skills Gap12May2015Do you have a skills shortage in your business? We have a range of speakers who can help, so make sure you don't miss out.
- Jane Burston, Head of the Centre for Carbon Measurement at NPL, discusses the commercialisation of new renewables.
- A seminar on advanced numerical methods for challenging engineering problems with a strong focus on the pros and cons for practical applications.
- Towards implementing the new kelvin18May2015This meeting is for anyone interested in the SI-unit redefinitions, primary thermometry and the future of accurate temperature measurement.
- This event gathers together academics from St Mary's Applied Physics programme, together with colleagues from industries, FE colleges and schools, to explore and discuss potential collaborations and build a strong and mutually beneficial network.
- Celebrate World Metrology day at NPL Huddersfield and learn how metrology training can help your business.
- World Metrology Day - NPL and Light20May2015To celebrate World Metrology Day and tie in with the International Year of Light, NPL is hosting a series of lectures and opening a number of laboratories for business and academic peers.
- Evening Talks - NPL and Light20May2015To celebrate World Metrology Day and tie in with the International Year of Light, NPL is hosting a series of talks and exhibits on NPL's work with light.
- A workshop presenting the outputs of an EMRP project that has developed a new approach for assessing the performance and fitness for purpose of metrology software and established an online software certification service.
- A training course intended for developers of metrology software who are interested in having their software independently validated using the TraCIM system.
- The next (47th) meeting of the Ionising Radiation Metrology Forum (IRMF) will be held at NPL on Wednesday 17 June 2015.
- The flagship event for space in the UK, this biennial conference brings together the space industry, users of space-based services, entrepreneurs, academia and government.
- UK Ferroelectrics 201523Jul2015The aim of this conference is to provide a platform for displaying the UK's materials research and device developments in this exciting field and a workshop for discussing the directions of the materials' developments.
- Bushy House - Open Day19Sep2015Bushy House and gardens will be open to the general public as part of London Open House weekend.
- CIM 201521Sep2015The 17th International Congress of Metrology, being held in Paris, is where industry meets science to discover measurement technologies, explore industrial challenges and uncover the latest innovations.
NPL's training courses encourage learners to make a difference within their workplaces, giving them the opportunity to generate a return on investment for their employers whilst simultaneously improving corporate measurement capability.