The NPL Radioactivity team:
- Provides and disseminates primary standards for radioactivity metrology using conventional techniques, as well as newer developments
- Participates in international comparisons of radioactivity standards to ensure international equivalence of primary standards
- Standardises radionuclides routinely used for diagnostics and therapy in nuclear medicine
- Provides a national measurement infrastructure for environmental monitoring of radioactivity and for nuclear waste decommissioning
- Carries out evaluations and measurements of nuclear data
- Provides measurement services to the UK user community
If you have any enquiries about the work of the NPL Radioactivity team, please contact us
- CERN redesigns ISOLDE's beam dump to generate radioisotopes for medical applications with NPL's help.
- An international collaboration involving NPL has furthered understanding of the creation of heavy elements through new and updated half-life measurements.
- Mike James, Head of Technical at Sellafield Ltd, discusses innovative approaches to nuclear waste management in Insights - Innovation.
- NPL and Loughborough University are developing a demonstration mobile radiochemistry laboratory that can be driven onto a nuclear site.
- NPL-University of Surrey Professor Paddy Regan was interviewed on the BBC World Service regarding the forensic report concerning the late President Arafat.
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission