The NPL Radioactivity team:
- Provides and disseminates primary standards for radioactivity metrology using conventional techniques, as well as newer developments
- Participates in international comparisons of radioactivity standards to ensure international equivalence of primary standards
- Standardises radionuclides routinely used for diagnostics and therapy in nuclear medicine
- Provides a national measurement infrastructure for environmental monitoring of radioactivity and for nuclear waste decommissioning
- Carries out evaluations and measurements of nuclear data
- Provides measurement services to the UK user community
If you have any enquiries about the work of the NPL Radioactivity team, please contact us
- NPL and Loughborough University are developing a demonstration mobile radiochemistry laboratory that can be driven onto a nuclear site.
- NPL-University of Surrey Professor Paddy Regan was interviewed on the BBC World Service regarding the forensic report concerning the late President Arafat.
- NPL scientists spoke at the British Science Festival about radiation measurement and its reporting following the Japanese nuclear disaster in 2011.
- Scientists from NPL have contributed to a new publication from the International Atomic Energy Agency.
- NPL is collaborating with institutions across Europe to improve radioactivity measurements.