The NPL Radioactivity team:
- Provides and disseminates primary standards for radioactivity metrology using conventional techniques, as well as newer developments
- Participates in international comparisons of radioactivity standards to ensure international equivalence of primary standards
- Standardises radionuclides routinely used for diagnostics and therapy in nuclear medicine
- Provides a national measurement infrastructure for environmental monitoring of radioactivity and for nuclear waste decommissioning
- Carries out evaluations and measurements of nuclear data
- Provides measurement services to the UK user community
If you have any enquiries about the work of the NPL Radioactivity team, please contact us
- NPL develops world's first primary standard for molecular radiotherapy to ensure its safe, effective use in the treatment of cancer.
- NPL has launched a new Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) e-Learning course.
- New gamma-ray spectrometer set to significantly extend radioactivity measurement capabilities, from the standardisation of radiopharmaceuticals, to our understanding of rare isotopes.
- Stand-out paper by Keightley, Pearce, Fenwick, Collins, Ferreira and Johansson on the standardisation of radioisotope radium-223 wins this year's award.
- Researchers from Lund University and NPL have undertaken a detailed study of the measurement uncertainties associated with 177Lu-DOTATATE dosimetry.
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission