NPL has one of the most experienced teams of scientists in gas analysis in the world. We produce an extensive range of gas calibration mixtures through a chain of direct comparisons to our national standards. These are used to underpin highly accurate measurements of ambient air quality, natural gas, industrial emissions, vehicle and aircraft emissions, odour measurement and occupational exposure.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trace and Electrochemical Analysis
NPL’s research in electrochemistry and trace analysis applies measurement science to an array of trace analysis problems, particularly within environmental matrices. This area encompasses a diverse portfolio of technologies and research in three main areas: Electrochemistry, Trace Analysis, and Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (SERS).
Trace and Electrochemical Analysis research
Chemical Metrology News
- NPL scientists develop a new gas standard to accurately measure levels of carbon dioxide and methane in the atmosphere.
- NPL's latest research will provide a safer working environment for saturation divers working in the oil and gas sector.
- NPL is engaged in 11 of the 72 new Centres announced as part of £350 million funding to train over 3,500 postgraduate students.
- Honeywell Analytics asked NPL to investigate the best way to produce reference standards for a series of problematic, reactive substances.
- Paul Brewer's paper on NPL’s silver/silver chloride reference electrode research has won the CITAC Best Paper in Metrology in Chemistry Award 2012.