NPL has one of the most experienced teams of scientists in gas analysis in the world. We produce an extensive range of gas calibration mixtures through a chain of direct comparisons to our national standards. These are used to underpin highly accurate measurements of ambient air quality, natural gas, industrial emissions, vehicle and aircraft emissions, odour measurement and occupational exposure.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trace and Electrochemical Analysis
NPL’s research in electrochemistry and trace analysis applies measurement science to an array of trace analysis problems, particularly within environmental matrices. This area encompasses a diverse portfolio of technologies and research in three main areas: Electrochemistry, Trace Analysis, and Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (SERS).
Trace and Electrochemical Analysis research
Chemical Metrology News
- NPL appointed Central Calibration Laboratory for nitrogen monoxide as part of WMO programme to better understand the impact of human activity on our atmosphere.
- NPL is supporting the development of a low carbon economy by hosting one of London's first green hydrogen refuelling stations.
- NPL is supporting the rollout of hydrogen vehicles through its hydrogen purity laboratory, which provides quality assurance to refuelling stations.
- NPL has contributed to a new study, which 'fingerprints' emissions from incinerators to assess their impact on surrounding pollution levels.
- Richard Brown has just been made an NPL Fellow in Chemical Metrology.
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission