NPL has one of the most experienced teams of scientists in gas analysis in the world. We produce an extensive range of gas calibration mixtures through a chain of direct comparisons to our national standards. These are used to underpin highly accurate measurements of ambient air quality, natural gas, industrial emissions, vehicle and aircraft emissions, odour measurement and occupational exposure.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
Trace and Electrochemical Analysis
NPL’s research in electrochemistry and trace analysis applies measurement science to an array of trace analysis problems, particularly within environmental matrices. This area encompasses a diverse portfolio of technologies and research in three main areas: Electrochemistry, Trace Analysis, and Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (SERS).
Trace and Electrochemical Analysis research
Chemical Metrology News
- Dr Richard Brown, NPL Fellow in Chemical Metrology, has been awarded the Royal Society of Chemistry's L S Theobald Lectureship.
- The Centre for Carbon Measurement has written a report that outlines the role that hydrogen could play in the UK's decarbonisation efforts and the measurement challenges facing its growth.
- Lucy Culleton wins first European Biogas Association Poster Award for work supporting the introduction of biogas into Europe's gas networks.
- NPL appointed Central Calibration Laboratory for nitrogen monoxide as part of WMO programme to better understand the impact of human activity on our atmosphere.
- NPL is supporting the development of a low carbon economy by hosting one of London's first green hydrogen refuelling stations.
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission