NPL has one of the most experienced teams of scientists in gas analysis in the world. We produce an extensive range of gas calibration mixtures through a chain of direct comparisons to our national standards. These are used to underpin highly accurate measurements of ambient air quality, natural gas, industrial emissions, vehicle and aircraft emissions, odour measurement and occupational exposure.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trace and Electrochemical Analysis
NPL’s research in electrochemistry and trace analysis applies measurement science to an array of trace analysis problems, particularly within environmental matrices. This area encompasses a diverse portfolio of technologies and research in three main areas: Electrochemistry, Trace Analysis, and Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (SERS).
Trace and Electrochemical Analysis research
Chemical Metrology News
- Scientists at NPL have detailed the changing levels of chromium pollution across the UK Heavy Metals Monitoring Network, which celebrates 10 years of NPL operation this month.
- NPL collaborative work to underpin future international agreement on defining the mass concentration of mercury vapour at saturation in air.
- NPL scientists develop a new gas standard to accurately measure levels of carbon dioxide and methane in the atmosphere.
- NPL's latest research will provide a safer working environment for saturation divers working in the oil and gas sector.
- NPL is engaged in 11 of the 72 new Centres announced as part of £350 million funding to train over 3,500 postgraduate students.