Beginner's Guide to Measurement in Mechanical Engineering
Beginner's Guide to
Measurement in Mechanical Engineering
NPL and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers have jointly produced a guide to measurement predominantly aimed at mechanical engineering students.
Explore the guide to find out:
- how a measurement mix-up led to the loss of the Mars Climate Orbiter
- the best ways to record measurement results
- the difference between accuracy and precision and the importance of calibration and traceability
- how to calculate uncertainty
- some examples of measurement challenges faced by mechanical engineers
Version 2 of the Beginner's Guide to Measurement in Mechanical Engineering was published in July 2013.
Are you using this guide for teaching and need printed copies for your students? NPL will provide these for free (United Kingdom only) - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission