NPLTime ® offers the financial sector a certified precise time signal, directly traceable to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and independent of GPS. The core implementation and additional metrics provide the user with underpinning timing capability for traceable timestamping, latency monitoring and synchronisation. The signal is fully compliant with the FINRA OATS 7430 timing traceability requirement.
The resilient service completely eliminates reliance on GPS and removes susceptibility to jamming, spoofing, urban canyon effects and solar storms. It reduces the costs associated with managing a complex assortment of timing devices and the need to access roof space to locate GPS antennas.
As the home of the UK's National Timescale, UTC(NPL), and the caesium fountain, NPL CsF2 - a primary frequency standard accurate to within one second in 158 million years - NPL is perfectly placed to deliver precision timing services to demanding customers.
Key benefits of NPLTime ®
- Precision timing distribution solution
- No reliance on GPS or internet time
- Directly traceable and certified to UTC at the point of provision, not the source
- Eliminates susceptibility to GPS jamming, spoofing, urban canyon effects and solar storms
- Uses dedicated fibre optic links, ensuring maximum resilience and security
- Provides enhanced synchronisation
- No roof access required
- Built-in redundancy
- TMX Atrium is now offering NPLTime® via the Equinix High Frequency Trading centre in the UK.
- NPL signs distribution agreement for NPLTime® with TMX Atrium®, TMX Group's global capital markets infrastructure provider.
- Cambridge-based trading technology company signs agreement with NPL to enhance its ability to deliver high-speed data to traders.