The Centre for Carbon Measurement at NPL brings together academic and business partners with government and is designed to ensure that we can have confidence in the measurements we need to improve our understanding of the global climate, deliver policies for mitigating climate change, and accelerate the development of low carbon technologies.
Minister of State for Universities and Science
SSTL are proud to support the Centre for Carbon Measurement. The UK has taken a lead in responding to the threat of global climate change. SSTL wholeheartedly support the initiative led by NPL in establishing the Centre for Carbon Measurement which aims to improve measurement and infrastructure.
Head of Science, Exploration and Platforms, Surrey Satellite Services ltd
Global climate change is one of the most challenging issues facing policy makers and industry today. Mitigation of and adaptation to climate change will require coordination and collaboration between science, business and governments.
The Centre for Carbon Measurement at NPL will build on NPL's capability, working with partners to address the following three areas:
News & Events
- An article from NPL's Nigel Fox in SatMagazine discusses the TRUTHs satellite mission.
- The release of over 30,000 weather station records is allowing people to make their own analyses of Earth's recent climate using quality-assured data.
- A planning application has been submitted for a new hydrogen storage and vehicle refuelling system at NPL.
- Jane Burston, Head of the Centre for Carbon Measurement at NPL, was involved in a debate on 'The Future of Shale Gas in the UK'.
- Exergy Device's smart heating controller wins the Nesta Dynamic Demand Challenge prize.
- Jane Burston comments on Nesta's new Innovation report.