The Centre for Carbon Measurement at NPL brings together academic and business partners with government and is designed to ensure that we can have confidence in the measurements we need to improve our understanding of the global climate, deliver policies for mitigating climate change, and accelerate the development of low carbon technologies.
Minister of State for Universities and Science
I would like to take this opportunity to record National Grid's commitment and support to the Centre. Addressing climate change is one of the most challenging issues facing our society and industry.
Chief Executive, National Grid
Global climate change is one of the most challenging issues facing policy makers and industry today. Mitigation of and adaptation to climate change will require coordination and collaboration between science, business and governments.
The Centre for Carbon Measurement at NPL will build on NPL's capability, working with partners to address the following three areas:
News & Events
- The World Bank's Partnership for Market Readiness (PMR) and the Climate-KIC invite you to a one-day conference dedicated to MRV procedures and practices in carbon pricing mechanisms. This event will take place between Carbon Expo 2014 and the opening of the Bonn meeting of the Subsidiary Bodies to the UNFCCC.
- Join the Zero Carbon Hub and a number of leading industry experts at the latest 'Nearer to Zero' conference in the South-West.
- Proposed TRUTHS satellite mission to create certainty in climate change data receives next stage of funding.
- Jane Burston, Head of the Centre for Carbon Measurement, is quoted in Mail Online article about the response to IPCC report.
- A draft of CBSD's 2.0 Reporting Framework, which helps organisations present environmental information in corporate reports, is now open to public comment.
- The winners of the first annual Centre for Carbon Measurement Schools Poster Challenge are announced.