The Centre for Carbon Measurement at NPL brings together academic and business partners with government and is designed to ensure that we can have confidence in the measurements we need to improve our understanding of the global climate, deliver policies for mitigating climate change, and accelerate the development of low carbon technologies.
Minister of State for Universities and Science
The EIT Climate-KIC is very supportive of the Centre for Carbon Measurement. We recognise the value of the Centre as it complements our objective to be the driver of innovation for a low-carbon and sustainable future as well as our activities and that of our partners.
Prof Richard Templer
Director Climate-KIC UK, Imperial College
Global climate change is one of the most challenging issues facing policy makers and industry today. Mitigation of and adaptation to climate change will require coordination and collaboration between science, business and governments.
The Centre for Carbon Measurement at NPL will build on NPL's capability, working with partners to address the following three areas:
News & Events
- Join Scottish Enterprise, Highlands & Islands Enterprise, SEPA and NPL to discuss this new EU-wide scheme supporting innovative environmental technologies.
- The Centre for Carbon Measurement at NPL is leading a collaborative project to develop and test new methane measurement instruments.
- NPL and Astrium unveil a new service to complement current 'inventory approach' models and validate national and international energy saving measures.
- Five finalists have been announced for the Dynamic Demand Challenge Prize, supported by the Centre for Carbon Measurement at NPL.
- The Head of the Centre for Carbon Measurement at NPL will join global leaders in business and finance to discuss green growth.