Earlier this year NPL, in partnership with HM Treasury, planned to host its first ever Innovation Showcase, the event was to demonstrate the important technological developments taking place in the UK’s public sector, ranging from agri-tech, to health and AI. Unfortunately, global events took over and we sadly made the decision to postpone. As we exit lockdown and start to adjust to new digital ways of working, we are bringing the showcase back, albeit - virtually!
NPL recognises the importance of building new collaborations that accelerate the science and technology generated from the UK’s public sector, therefore we are hosting three 1-hour webinars to showcase ideas, knowledge and intellectual property being harnessed within the public sector to improve our quality of life.
The first webinar, taking place on 29 July 2020, will explore HM Treasury’s work developing a strategy to profile public sector ‘knowledge assets’ and showcase three excellent examples of innovation being developing and applied to healthcare. These include; NPL’s spin out company, Celsius Health, Ploughshare Innovations and The Royal Mint. Guaranteed to inspire, these examples will demonstrate the parallels between real-life applications and the global issues facing society in 2020.
The UK public sector is full of pioneering ideas and new technologies and has a history in developing cutting-edge science and innovation. These webinars provide the opportunity to hear directly from the scientists and innovators who have developed these technologies and discover how these organisations are spinning out these game changing ideas.
All three webinars will be chaired and hosted by Simon Devonshire, NPL’s Entrepreneur in Residence. Hear from HM Treasury on their strategy for unlocking innovation and how collaboration between the public and private sector can accelerate the development of new technologies.
Dates for your diary
Knowledge assets in the public sector
29 July 14:00-15:00
- Find out from HMT about their work to develop a strategy to profile public sector ‘knowledge assets’
- Hear three examples of innovation being developed across the public sector
Innovation for imaging and environmental impact
10 September 11:00-12:00
- Imaging is having amazing impact in healthcare and beyond, hear how these innovators are changing our world
- Environmental issues have never been so important, find how they can impact on societal challenges
Innovation to support UK’s high-tech industry
8 October 11:00-12:00
- Discover how innovation can help reduce our environmental impact
- Hear how the latest technology can revolutionise existing industries and boost new ones
20 Jul 2020