Webinar: Time as an enabler for the Financial Services Sector
We are future proofing time, how are you future proofing your financial business?
The National Timing Centre programme will accelerate the development of a resilient national timing capability source to address current risks in the finance market, offer opportunities for future applications and stimulate new and emerging next generation services.
Learn about what’s coming next for Fintech timing needs and regulations. Hear from experts across the finance industry about how resilient time will enable better forensic tools, extend data analytics and enhance traceable time-stamping in distributed ledger tech. Allowing greater confidence and peace of mind in these data applications.
Sign up to our free webinar for the Finance sector.
Join in the debate by asking our panel a question in our Q&A sessions. Q&As will be moderated by Neil Horlock, Banking Industry Independent Consultant with Zyxt.
Thursday 9 September 1500hrs (BST)
- London Stock Exchange plc – Julia Hoggett, CEO
- LSEG –Dr. Robert Barnes, Group Head of Securities Trading & CEO Turquoise Global Holdings
- Hoptroff – Richard Hoptroff, CTO
- Seven Solutions – Carlos Frias, Key Account Manager
- Fintech Scotland – Mickael Paris, Marketing Director
- Shoosmiths – Sam Tyfield, Partner
- STAC – Peter Nabicht, President
- NPL - Elizabeth Laier English, Higher Research Scientist
Pico - Matt Davey, Executive Director, Product Management
Timebeat - Ian Gough, Co-founder
SteelEye - Matt Smith, CEO
ICE - Nicolas Bonnet, Director, Global Connectivity Product Management
Agenda (2 hours) can be found here:
- Overview of current timing requirements in Finance
- The importance of Time and Frequency in Finance markets
- UTC and traceable timing dissemination
- Regulatory requirements for timing, including MiFIDII
- Timing Needs Beyond MiFIDII
- The need for timing for Fintech in the Nations and Regions of the UK
- Lightning Round Sessions: Nano-second accuracy timing, White Rabbit,Time Monitoring
- The future opportunities of timing in finance
The National Timing Centre programme is paving the way for trusted and assured time and frequency across the UK. NPL is the home of UK time, from here accurate timing is supplied to key locations, such as the financial hub in London. Funded by UKRI’s Strategic Priorities Fund, the National Timing Centre (NTC) programme is working to develop an infrastructure of secure locations across the UK, providing a basis for resilient time distribution across the country.
To sign up to receive updates on the NTC programme and future webinars in the series, click here.