Innovation Showcase Wednesday 18th March- Postponed
Due to the current situation with the spread of COVID-19 across the UK we have decided to postpone the Innovation Showcase until later in the year. Due to a high number of delegates now being unable to travel and engage with the event, we believe this is the right course of action as our priority is for the safety and welfare of our staff and guests.
Our colleagues at HM Treasury have been really impressed by the breadth and depth of ideas to be presented on the day, and the diverse range of people that planned to attend. We are looking into ways to keep this community connected and will be in touch on how we plan to take this forward.
Apologies for the short notice and any inconvenience this may cause.
Hear stories and experiences from people who have developed innovative technologies or are in the process of doing so. In a fast paced format, three themed sessions are devoted to hearing about the potential of new technology and how innovation works in practice.
- The future of healthcare
- Saving millions of lives globally through an innovative sepsis test
- Pioneering ultrasound breast imaging systems to improve cancer outcomes
- Development and evaluation of a novel voice user interface app for young people with speech challenges
- Revolutionising the identification and prevention of diabetic foot ulcers
- Precision-guided cancer surgery using sensors and imaging
- Space and the environment
- Nature's single use bioreactors: unlocking the power of plants to create rapid response vaccines
- How space technology combined with real time processing can tackle climate change and air quality
- Applying sensor IP and knowledge to local weather conditions to enable self-driving cars
- Improving health and biodiversity by monitoring and tackling the little-known pollutant
- Insect bioconversion for solving the growing protein shortage: the value of collaboration
- Agritech: the answer to today’s broken food systems
- Next generation computing and technology
- Next generation AI for robotics and industrial control: a spinout journey
- The path to plentiful fusion energy with no CO2 emissions
- Transferring Rawwater's molten metal sealing technology from the oil and gas sector into nuclear industry
- The world’s best 'spot the difference': safer, faster, better digital imaging for infrastructure inspection
- Collaborating for impact: Game changing technology finds previously uncoverable fingerprints
- Creating a world-leading quantum ion chip
Organisations with new technology and science will be showcasing their ideas on exhibition stands throughout the day. Come and talk to innovators in person.
Hear from the experts
Our experts will be running sessions to cover funding and investment for impact and how to collaborate across both the public and private sector to develop new technologies. People with the right experiences and expertise will inform the debate. There will be contributions by speakers from investment organisations, HM Treasury and technology incubators.
Guaranteed to inspire
The day will be hosted by Oli Barrett who is an expert in making ‘valuable connections between people and ideas’. Simon Devonshire, NPL’s Entrepreneur in Residence, will host the session on collaboration and will draw out the parallels between the ‘stories’ and the global issues facing society in 2020.
This event is organised in partnership with HM Treasury.
Register your interest.
Companies participating in the Innovation Showcase
- Celsius Health
- Fera Science
- Leaf Expression Systems
- Lightpoint Medical
- Luffy AI
- Met Office
- National Institute for Health Research
- Ploughshare Innovations
- The Royal Mint
- Science and Technology Facilities Council
- Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) Healthcare
- Therapy Box
- Tokamak Energy
- The UK Innovation and Science Seed Fund
- White Space
- National Nuclear Laboratory