International Round Robin on Grain Size Measurement by EBSD
Download (PDF 2.22 MB)
Why have EBSD grain size standards?
- Grain size is the basis of many product standards and specifications.
- Existing standards are often based on linear intercepts from (optical) micrographs.
- EBSD increasingly replacing optical methods because of improved spatial resolution and crystallographic data.
Why is a round robin needed?
- EBSD methods for grain size measurement are complementing traditional methods.
- New standards have been/are about to be issued but are untested - do they lead to 'good' results?
- Repeatability (within lab) and Reproducibility (interlab) data is needed to support the new standards.
- There is little correlation of EBSD with other existing techniques.
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission