Evaluation of a slurry applied aluminium coating for protection against steam side oxidation of ferritic and austenitic steels
Download (PDF 427 KB)
- There is a real need for process and material solutions for efficient, low emission power generation.
- Oxy-fuel combustion and the co-firing of biomass are two approaches being considered.
- Both will place the materials used under more arduous operating environments.
- With increasing cost of alloying additions and the need for higher temperatures and pressures for improved efficiency the use of coatings is becoming more attractive.
- Diffusion aluminide coatings are among the best performers and most cost effective of the possible processes available.
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission