- While Thermoelectric devices have been in used for a long time, their use are still limited to niche market, mostly due to cost and performance reason.
- Gas bubbles on the order of 1-10 um in radius and stabilised by a coating of biological surfactant have found use as contrast agents for ultrasound imaging and, more recently, have shown a clear potential as targeted drug delivery vectors.
- The importance of magnetic cleanliness and inflight compensation to account for fluctuations in magnetic fields is a recognised concern within the space industry.
- Existing measurement facilities do not allow the characterization of magnetic sensors at the operational temperatures encountered in a range of industrial applications.
- This poster describes a new three-year (June 2014 to May 2017) metrology project to develop and apply measurement systems in Smart electrical grids. The project involves 14 NMIs and five universities.
- This poster describes some further investigations into the connection repeatability of waveguide devices in the WM‑250 (WR-01) waveguide size over the frequency range, 750 GHz to 1.1 THz.
- The ability to characterize the electrocatalytic behaviour of heterogeneous surfaces on a localised scale is critical to our understanding of interfacial processes and impacts a multitude of applications, notably the development of energy conversion technologies such as fuel cells and electrolyzers.
- The Josephson effect has revolutionised accurate electrical measurement.
- The optoelectronic coupling for a pulse-driven Josephson junction array (JJA) for use as a quantum voltage synthesizer has been designed.
- The purpose of this work is to develop and validate a reliable method for characterizing small fields on radiotherapy machines with radiochromic film.
- Polymer electrolyte membrane water electrolysers (PEMWE) are a promising technology for renewable hydrogen production.
Optical Radiation & Photometry
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission