- Measurements of dielectric constant of human skin in vivo at THz frequencies using time-domain spectroscopy.
- The progressive diffusion of Al from coating into ferritic-martensitic substrate has been one of the main factors against the application of aluminide slurries on an industrial scale.
- The effect of pressure on the oxidation rate and oxide scale morphology is the subject of continued research.
- While Thermoelectric devices have been in used for a long time, their use are still limited to niche market, mostly due to cost and performance reason.
- Gas bubbles on the order of 1-10 um in radius and stabilised by a coating of biological surfactant have found use as contrast agents for ultrasound imaging and, more recently, have shown a clear potential as targeted drug delivery vectors.
- The importance of magnetic cleanliness and inflight compensation to account for fluctuations in magnetic fields is a recognised concern within the space industry.
- Existing measurement facilities do not allow the characterization of magnetic sensors at the operational temperatures encountered in a range of industrial applications.
- This poster describes a new three-year (June 2014 to May 2017) metrology project to develop and apply measurement systems in Smart electrical grids. The project involves 14 NMIs and five universities.
- This poster describes some further investigations into the connection repeatability of waveguide devices in the WM‑250 (WR-01) waveguide size over the frequency range, 750 GHz to 1.1 THz.
Optical Radiation & Photometry
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission