- The importance of magnetic cleanliness and inflight compensation to account for fluctuations in magnetic fields is a recognised concern within the space industry.
- Existing measurement facilities do not allow the characterization of magnetic sensors at the operational temperatures encountered in a range of industrial applications.
- This poster describes a new three-year (June 2014 to May 2017) metrology project to develop and apply measurement systems in Smart electrical grids. The project involves 14 NMIs and five universities.
- This poster describes some further investigations into the connection repeatability of waveguide devices in the WM‑250 (WR-01) waveguide size over the frequency range, 750 GHz to 1.1 THz.
- The ability to characterize the electrocatalytic behaviour of heterogeneous surfaces on a localised scale is critical to our understanding of interfacial processes and impacts a multitude of applications, notably the development of energy conversion technologies such as fuel cells and electrolyzers.
- The Josephson effect has revolutionised accurate electrical measurement.
- The optoelectronic coupling for a pulse-driven Josephson junction array (JJA) for use as a quantum voltage synthesizer has been designed.
- The purpose of this work is to develop and validate a reliable method for characterizing small fields on radiotherapy machines with radiochromic film.
- The freezing temperatures of certain metals are used as the basis of the International Temperature Scale of 1990 (ITS-90).
- Stimulated Raman scattering (SRS) microscopy is a powerful tool for the label free analysis of biological samples with submicron resolution and linear concentration dependence.
- Polymer electrolyte membrane water electrolysers (PEMWE) are a promising technology for renewable hydrogen production.
Optical Radiation & Photometry
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission