- As part of a UK Technology Strategy Board supported project on the Advanced Surface Protection to Enable Carbon abatement Technologies (ASPECT) the use of aluminium diffusion coatings to protect autenitic steels from steam oxidation has been assessed.
- This poster describes a method of visualising the intensity distribution generated by physiotherapy ultrasound equipment, which uses novel tiles which capture the distribution of heating.
- A MEMS vertical levitation comb drive actuator has been created for the measurement of piezoelectric coefficients in thin/thick films or piezoelectrically active micro-scale components of other MEMS devices.
- This poster gives an update of progress on developments on a Near-Field Scanning Microwave Microscope (NSMM).
- The C. elegans nematode is one the most widely studied model organisms in biological research and is routinely used to investigate the development and functioning of the nervous system.
- Miniature CMMs are ideal for high accuracy tactile measurement of sub-millimetre scale features on centimetre and millimetre-sized objects to sub-micrometre accuracy. Current efforts to enhance the capability of miniature CMMs are focused on the development of new probing systems.
- A team of scientists from NPL and the University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust have successfully completed an initial trial of a new, potentially more reliable, technique for screening breast cancer using ultrasound
- Photoelectrochemical activity screening of dyes on TiO2 surfaces is becoming increasingly relevant as industry tries to expand commercialisation of dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs).
Joint winners of the NPL Science Poster Fair 2012