JT Janssen was born in the Netherlands in 1965. He received the MS and PhD degrees in physics from the University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands, in 1989 and 1994, respectively. His doctoral work was on the far-infrared magneto-optical properties of low dimensional semiconductor structures and organic conductors. From 1994 to 1998, he was a Research Fellow at the University of Bristol, Bristol, UK, investigating the Fermi surface properties of heavy Fermion metals and superconductors using the de Haas-van Alphen effect.
JT has been at NPL since 1998, he is responsible for the research on quantum electrical standards.
JT is an NPL Fellow and a Fellow of the Institute of Physics.
JT is the contact person for NPL on the technical committee for electricity and magnetism (TCEM) of the European Association of National Metrology Institutes (EURAMET, convenor of the EUROMET DC quantum metrology experts group, and a member of several CCEM and EURAMET working groups.
- Towards a quantum resistance standard based on epitaxial graphene
A. Tzalenchuk, S. Lara-Avila, A. Kalaboukhov, M. Syvajarvi, R. Yakimova, T. J. B. M. Janssen, V. Fal'ko, S. Kubatkin
Nature Nanotechnology, 5, pages 186-189, (2010)
- Gigahertz quantized charge pumping
M. D. Blumenthal, B. Kaestner, L. Li, S. Giblin, T. J. B. M. Janssen, M. Pepper, D. Anderson, G. Jones, and D. A. Ritchie
Nature Physics, 3, 343 (2007)
- Quantized acoustoelectric current transport through a static quantum dot using a surface acoustic wave
N. E. Fletcher, J. Ebbecke, T. J. B. M. Janssen, F. J. Ahlers, M. Pepper, H. E. Beere and D. A. Ritchie
Phys. Rev. B, 68, 245310 (2003)
- Accuracy of quantised single-electron current in a one-dimensional channel
T. J. B. M. Janssen, and A. Hartland
Physica B, 1790, pages 284-288 (2000)
- Quantitative Investigation of the de Haas-van-Alphen effect in the Superconducting State
T. J. B. M. Janssen, C. Haworth, S. M. Hayden, P. Meeson, M. Springford, and A. Wasserman
Phys. Rev. B, 57, 11698 (1998)
- Magnetic Field Dependent Energy Levels in a Highly Anisotropic Electronic Material
A. S. Perel, J. S. Brooks, C. J. G. M. Langerak, T. J. B. M. Janssen, J. Singleton, J. A. A. J. Perenbooom, G. Montambaux, and L. Y. Chiang
Phys. Rev. Lett. 61, 2072 (1992)
- A Far-Infrared Cyclotron Resonance Study of Electron Dynamics in(BEDT-TTF)2KHg(SCN)4
J. Singleton, F. L. Pratt, M. Doporto, T. J. B. M. Janssen, J. A. A. J. Perenboom, M. Kurmoo, W. Hayes, and P. Day
Phys. Rev. Lett. 68, 2500 (1992)
- FIR-spectroscopy of the field induced spin density wave gap in (TMTSF)2ClO4
T. J. B. M. Janssen, A. S. Perel, A. M. Gerrits, W. Kang, J. S. Brooks, A. Wittlin, J. A. A. J. Perenboom, and P. J. M. van Bentum
Phys. Rev. B 46, 8663 (1992)
Tel: 020 8943 7014
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission