Measurement in Sport (posters)
This set of posters highlights how crucial measurement is in sport and provides some fascinating facts.
- Mass - How does weight measurement ensure athletes qualify for competitions?
- Amount of Substance - What methods are used to test for doping?
- Distance - How do we know a metre rod is really a metre long?
- Height - How does measurement ensure fairness in the hurdles event?
- Pressure - How does pressure measurement in inflatable sports balls ensure fairness in football and volleyball?
- Speed - How is frequency used to calculate the speed of a tennis ball?
- Time - How does measurement ensure that clocks used in 100 m final are accurate?
To request free hard copies, please complete the online form
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission