Health, Safety + Environment
Through positive support from management, well-trained staff and efficient systems, we maintain a high level of Health and Safety performance on site.
NPL's commitment to the continual improvement of health and safety is demonstrated by the continued high level of recognition that NPL receives in the Annual RoSPA Research and Development Sector Awards.
RoSPA Research and Development Sector Awards
- 2013 - Sector Award Winner
- 2012 - Sector Award Winner
- 2011 - Commended
- 2010 - Commended
- 2009 - Sector Award Winner
- 2008 - Highly Commended
- 2007 - Gold Medal
- 2006 - Gold Award
- 2005 - Gold Award
- 2004 - Gold Award
- 2003 - Gold Award
A statement of NPL's Health & Safety Policy
This policy is fully compatible with that of Serco Group and shall apply to all NPL Management Ltd staff members.
NPL Management Ltd shall provide and maintain a working environment that is as safe and healthy as is reasonably practicable at all places where the Company's staff or representatives may work, both for our staff members and our client or third parties using those facilities under our control or influence.
The Company goals of client satisfaction, ongoing business development and long term profitability are not in conflict with good safety practices. On the contrary, a good safety record is of great benefit to our business, whilst a safe and healthy working environment protects and encourages people, our most important asset.
All relevant statutory requirements will be complied with, at all times. These will be considered as a minimum standard and where reasonably practicable will be exceeded where necessary to meet the spirit of this policy.
It is Management's duty to ensure that staff members are well informed and receive adequate Health and Safety training, and that tasks are allocated only to staff members capable of filling those tasks in a manner safe to themselves and others. All staff members are required to understand their responsibilities and duties and to carry out those duties with the same diligence and priority as any other task. Nothing is more important than safety.
It is our policy to assess hazards and, through good organisation, planning and communication, minimise the risks and apply control measures to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable the health and safety of all. The minimisation of risk is the primary goal of this policy, with risk reduction and control measures being implemented where this is not practical or possible.
Each and every individual is duty bound to act in a safe manner. No staff or subcontractor must knowingly endanger themselves, their colleagues, staff members of other organisations or the general public by their own acts or omissions.
NPL Management Ltd Environmental Policy
NPL Management Ltd is committed to sound environmental performance by minimising the impact of our activities on the environment. This is done by ensuring:
- Compliance with The Environment Act 1995, The Environmental Protection Act 1990 and all other relevant legislation and regulations.
- Communication is established and maintained with all interested parties and the requirements of these parties are met when ever practicable.
- We expect similar environmental standards to our own from all third parties involved with our business.
- That the spirit of ISO 14001: 2004 is embedded into the ethos of our company, and there is continual improvement of our environmental performance through measuring and monitoring against set Key Performance Indicators.
- Prevention of pollution, reduction of waste and reduction in the consumption of resources (materials, fuel and energy) alongside a commitment to recovery and recycling where feasible.
- The education, training and motivation of our staff to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Our business is enthusiastic about sustainable development and sustainability is considered in our procurement process.
Authorised: Brian Bowsher
Date: October 2012
Brian Bowsher, Managing Director, NPL Management Limited