The National Freeform Centre at NPL
Efficiency of aero engines, drag reduction for automotive bodies and increased life span of prosthetics are just some examples of the gains potentially achievable with suitable advances in freeform manufacture. However, such advances are partly limited by poor metrology infrastructure, lack of measurement traceability and absence of specialised facilities and knowledge base.
- To support UK end-users, manufacturers and academics in freeform measurement and also to co-operate with other measurement institutes and ISO-standards.
- To provide evaluation and traceability for CMMs with tactile and non-contact probes, laser scanners, articulated arms, fringe projection systems, and point cloud processing software.
- The development of freeform measurement standards, enabling best practice to be established.
Click here to view:
- More information about NPL's FreeForm Centre
- NPL high precision traceable FreeForm reference standard
- Our measurement capabilities
- Downloadable presentations from the launch event held on 1 October 2009 at NPL
- Case studies:
If you are interested in Freeform measurement and the Freeform Centre and its events and activities, or would like to be mailed a freeform poster, please contact us.
Customer Service tel: +44 20 8943 8631