Latest EMRP News
- An opportunity to participate with NPL in a European programme for measurement research.
- NPL will lead seven new collaborative projects from the final call of the European Metrology Research Programme.
- NPL and Imperial College London are working on a project that could completely change the refrigeration industry.
- A new research project aims to deliver highly accurate measurements of strain in materials at the nanoscale to drive innovation in electronics.
- The proposed 600 million euro research programme is presented to ITRE Committee at European Parliament.
NPL is currently involved in 89 EMRP projects across Energy, Industry, Environment, Health, New Technologies and the SI units.
As one of the most respected National Measurement Institutes in Europe, NPL is providing leadership and contributing facilities and expertise to help drive forward innovative European measurement research.
The EMRP is implemented by the European Association of National Metrology Institutes (EURAMET) and is jointly funded by the European Union and the 22 participating countries.
Find out more by visiting the EURAMET website.
For further information, please contact
The projects are co-funded by the National Measurement System
The European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research (EMPIR) is the successor programme to the EMRP.
EMPIR launched on 3 February 2014 with a call for Potential Research Topics to address the needs of Industry.
This represents a significant opportunity for NPL and industry to work together on contracted research over a fixed timescale, in order to deliver true value and impact to the industrial community.