Latest EMRP News
- A new research project aims to deliver highly accurate measurements of strain in materials at the nanoscale to drive innovation in electronics.
- The proposed 600 million euro research programme is presented to ITRE Committee at European Parliament.
- Proposed European Metrology Research Programme for Research and Innovation (EMPIR) to get €600 million funding.
- Nobel Prize winner supports new European Metrology Programme.
- Dr Kamal Hossain, EURAMET Chairperson and NPL's Director, Research & International, gives an interview with NCSLI Measure: The Journal of Measurement Science.
NPL is currently involved in 71 EMRP projects across Energy, Industry, Environment, Health, New Technologies and the SI units.
As one of the most respected National Measurement Institutes in Europe, NPL is providing leadership and contributing facilities and expertise to help drive forward innovative European measurement research.
The EMRP is implemented by the European Association of National Metrology Institutes (EURAMET) and is jointly funded by the European Union and the 22 participating countries.
Find out more by visiting the EURAMET website.
For further information please contact Neil Campbell.
The projects are co-funded by the National Measurement System
A public consultation has been launched on the future direction of European metrology research under Horizon 2020, the European framework programme for research and innovation. This offers individuals and organisations the opportunity to comment on the current state of play of metrology research in Europe and the challenges it faces.
We hope to get a good response from the UK and would be grateful if you could spare a little time to give your views.