Latest EMRP News
- A Telegraph article about piezoelectric materials mentions the EMRP Nanostrain project, which is led by NPL.
- The release of over 30,000 weather station records is allowing people to make their own analyses of Earth's recent climate using quality-assured data.
- NPL collaborative work to underpin future international agreement on defining the mass concentration of mercury vapour at saturation in air.
- NPL feeds in to an open inquiry into the ethics of Horizon 2020.
- An opportunity to participate with NPL in a European programme for measurement research.
NPL is currently involved in 89 EMRP projects across Energy, Industry, Environment, Health, New Technologies and the SI units.
As one of the most respected National Measurement Institutes in Europe, NPL is providing leadership and contributing facilities and expertise to help drive forward innovative European measurement research.
The EMRP is implemented by the European Association of National Metrology Institutes (EURAMET) and is jointly funded by the European Union and the 22 participating countries.
Find out more by visiting the EURAMET website.
For further information, please contact
The projects are co-funded by the National Measurement System
The European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research (EMPIR) is the successor programme to the EMRP.
EMPIR launched on 3 February 2014 with a call for Potential Research Topics to address the needs of Industry.
This represents a significant opportunity for NPL and industry to work together on contracted research over a fixed timescale, in order to deliver true value and impact to the industrial community.
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission