Latest EMRP News
- The EC has launched a public consultation on the joint programming of metrology research.
- The European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research (EMPIR) will launch a call for joint research projects in 2016 on the topic of Energy.
- EURAMET is seeking input from wider research and stakeholder communities on its proposed Strategic Research Agenda for Metrology in Europe.
- The Delegation Agreement for the European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research (EMPIR) has been signed.
- A Telegraph article about piezoelectric materials mentions the EMRP Nanostrain project, which is led by NPL.
NPL is currently involved in 89 EMRP projects across Energy, Industry, Environment, Health, New Technologies and the SI units.
As one of the most respected National Measurement Institutes in Europe, NPL is providing leadership and contributing facilities and expertise to help drive forward innovative European measurement research.
The EMRP is implemented by the European Association of National Metrology Institutes (EURAMET) and is jointly funded by the European Union and the 22 participating countries.
Find out more by visiting the EURAMET website
For further information, please contact
The projects are co-funded by the National Measurement System
The European Metrology Programme for Innovation and Research (EMPIR) is the successor programme to the EMRP.
EMPIR launched on 3 February 2014 with a call for Potential Research Topics to address the needs of Industry.
This represents a significant opportunity for NPL and industry to work together on contracted research over a fixed timescale, in order to deliver true value and impact to the industrial community.
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission