- Helping partners develop initial ideas through to healthcare products through state-of-the-art infrastructure and measurement expertise
- Supporting skills development, delivering training and audit services
- Bringing together life science, physical science and engineering to promote new thinking
- Connecting our established international industrial, academic, government and health provider networks to address global healthcare challenge
- Ensuring reproducibility and supporting quality assurance through international standardisation, validation and intercomparison studies
Challenge Driven, Solution Focused
Our expertise and innovation eliminates the need for specialist in-house resources, reduces technical risk and can deliver revenue, cost and time savings for complex technical challenges. For over 110 years we have solved real world government and business problems and today this is applied to global customer requests the Life Sciences and Health sector.
NPL solutions are delivered in world-class research facilities using the outputs from significant research programmes supported by government and have been shown to be world-leading in over 80% of science areas.
Customers have access to over 500 multi-disciplinary scientists, along with an extensive national and international network of partners. Our collaboration network of other science organisations, industry, academia and international laboratories prove invaluable to deliver the requirements of our customers who range from government departments, start-ups to large global multinational corporations.
NPL is working with the healthcare sector by developing solutions driven by your challenges through the application of cutting-edge measurement that meets our customer's needs.
Our capability includes:
- Supporting imaging technologies for pre-clinical and clinical investigations
- Clinical dosimetry calibration, monitoring and training
- Medical device surface and tissue analysis at macro and nano scale
- Ultrasound instrument development, calibration and testing for healthcare
- Development and characterisation of biomaterials
- Training and skills development
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission