- This is an excellent opportunity to work on an industry-based manufacturing technology research project, gain an Engineering Doctorate (EngD) and develop leadership skills in preparation for a high-impact, high-technology research career in industry.
- Atmospheric black carbon (BC) is receiving increasing attention from the climate change and air pollution health communities. Applications are invited for a 3.5-year collaborative PhD studentship focusing on new methods for understanding urban sources of this air pollutant.
- Are you an innovative researcher of international standing, keen to develop metrology research for ground-based remote sensing of greenhouse gases?
- In collaboration with NPL and the Universities of Bristol and Strathclyde, both studentships sit at a multidisciplinary interface involving quantum physics, photonics and microfabrication with immediate applications in quantum technology.
- Jointly funded by NPL and the University of Southampton, the goals of this project are to develop a methodology for studying abrupt changes in oceanographic data, by testing and refining previously developed techniques of detection and prediction of abrupt changes; and to determine whether an abrupt change in the AMOC is under way.
Please note: In line with current UK immigration guidelines, the National Physical Laboratory is only able to employ individuals who have an existing right to work in the UK.
A career at NPL is rewarding and challenging. Based in a unique research environment, we offer state-of-the-art laboratories, and competitive salaries.
Excellent benefits include:
- 27 days holiday
- stakeholder pension
- life insurance
- on-site crèche
- on-site restaurant
- childcare vouchers
- sports and social club
- bike to hire scheme