What to expect
Learn more about what it is really like to be an Apprentice at NPL.
- All training is delivered in-house by our dedicated training provider, CSR Group
- The Advanced Apprenticeship qualification is equivalent to two A Levels, grades A-C
- You will receive a BTEC in Applied Science and an NVQ in Laboratory Associated Techniques
- 27 days holiday
- Life insurance
- You will have (or are predicted) five GCSEs, grades A-C. This must include Maths, English and a Science subject
- An AS or A Level in a science subject would be an advantage but is not essential
- You will have a real interest in science
- You will be a UK resident
Do you have a passion for science? Would you like to continue learning and get paid at the same time?
Then why not develop your scientific skills with an Advanced Apprenticeship at NPL.
During the apprenticeship you will be part of a close-knit professional team, working alongside world leading scientists and laboratory technicians.
You will take on real responsibilities from day one. You will assist in designing and building experiments, running tests, taking measurements and analysing results, engaging in all aspects of laboratory administration. You will assess and manage data, produce reports and create presentations on the work you have completed.
NPL is looking for bright candidates who have a genuine interest in science and team working skills through extra-curricular activities such as volunteering or sports. Please note, this is not a graduate scheme.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting their people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities.
NPL is also looking for two apprentices to work in our engineering workshop, which develops bespoke scientific apparatus, equipment and machines.
How to apply
The closing date for applications is 31 July 2014.
For more information on the Advanced Apprenticeship programme, please contact our Resourcing Manager, Sally Williams.
T: 020 8943 8636
24 April 2014
Application process starts
31 July 2014
July - August
8 September 2014
NPL is working in partnership with National Apprenticeship Service and CSR Group.