- NPL and UCL present multi-scale Bio-teleoperation to the Minister for Universities and Science.
- An NPL-led international team is working on the metrology needed to develop new antibiotics that can overcome bacterial resistance.
- An NPL-led team has developed nano-patterned surfaces that resist bacterial adhesion while supporting the growth of human cells.
Criticality of Biomolecular Measurement
Biomolecular structure and function underpin all biological and pathological processes, ranging from host defence mechanisms to neurodegeneration.
The complexity of information associated with biomolecules and their interactions, across all time and length scales, imposes growing requirements for more precise and reliable measurements.
What we do
- Study and measure biomolecules in solution, in cells and in tissues.
- Extract new understanding and test hypotheses through measurement.
- Probe the benefits of different measurement techniques.
- Make measurement tools and methods more robust, comparable, sensitive, specific and accurate.