- Proof-of-concept study shows new method could improve the accessibility and accuracy of diagnosis of bleeding disorders due to platelet abnormalities.
- NPL and UCL have converted a breast milk protein into an artificial virus that kills bacteria on contact.
- The RegeniTherix™ system, developed by a consortium led by NPL, provides point-of-care testing and treatment of problem, non-healing wounds.
Criticality of Biomolecular Measurement
Biomolecular structure and function underpin all biological and pathological processes, ranging from host defence mechanisms to neurodegeneration.
The complexity of information associated with biomolecules and their interactions, across all time and length scales, imposes growing requirements for more precise and reliable measurements.
What we do
- Study and measure biomolecules in solution, in cells and in tissues.
- Extract new understanding and test hypotheses through measurement.
- Probe the benefits of different measurement techniques.
- Make measurement tools and methods more robust, comparable, sensitive, specific and accurate.
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission