- NPL will carry out unique experiments to investigate biomolecular self-assembly at UK and EU synchrotron facilities.
- A research team from NPL has created protein micro-nets that instruct human cells to grow and multiply while discriminating against bacterial colonisation.
- NPL researches the enhanced impact of gold nanoparticles on radiotherapy treatments.
Criticality of Biomolecular Measurement
Biomolecular structure and function underpin all biological and pathological processes, ranging from host defence mechanisms to neurodegeneration.
The complexity of information associated with biomolecules and their interactions, across all time and length scales, imposes growing requirements for more precise and reliable measurements.
What we do
- Study and measure biomolecules in solution, in cells and in tissues.
- Extract new understanding and test hypotheses through measurement.
- Probe the benefits of different measurement techniques.
- Make measurement tools and methods more robust, comparable, sensitive, specific and accurate.