- An NPL-led project could help scientists design new medicines based on the way peptides rip holes in bacteria.
- NPL is playing an important role in the development of Physics World’s five most promising spin-offs from physics.
- Congratulations to NPL's Max Ryadnov, who has been elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC).
Criticality of Biomolecular Measurement
Biomolecular structure and function underpin all biological and pathological processes, ranging from host defence mechanisms to neurodegeneration.
The complexity of information associated with biomolecules and their interactions, across all time and length scales, imposes growing requirements for more precise and reliable measurements.
What we do
- Study and measure biomolecules in solution, in cells and in tissues.
- Extract new understanding and test hypotheses through measurement.
- Probe the benefits of different measurement techniques.
- Make measurement tools and methods more robust, comparable, sensitive, specific and accurate.