- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2014 was awarded for the development of super-resolved fluorescence microscopy, which is a key area of research for NPL.
- NPL will carry out unique experiments to investigate biomolecular self-assembly at UK and EU synchrotron facilities.
- A research team from NPL has created protein micro-nets that instruct human cells to grow and multiply while discriminating against bacterial colonisation.
Criticality of Biomolecular Measurement
Biomolecular structure and function underpin all biological and pathological processes, ranging from host defence mechanisms to neurodegeneration.
The complexity of information associated with biomolecules and their interactions, across all time and length scales, imposes growing requirements for more precise and reliable measurements.
What we do
- Study and measure biomolecules in solution, in cells and in tissues.
- Extract new understanding and test hypotheses through measurement.
- Probe the benefits of different measurement techniques.
- Make measurement tools and methods more robust, comparable, sensitive, specific and accurate.
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission