- Research from NPL and the University of Cambridge selected as a highlight of 2013.
- An NPL-led project could help scientists design new medicines based on the way peptides rip holes in bacteria.
- NPL is playing an important role in the development of Physics World’s five most promising spin-offs from physics.
Criticality of Biomolecular Measurement
Biomolecular structure and function underpin all biological and pathological processes, ranging from host defence mechanisms to neurodegeneration.
The complexity of information associated with biomolecules and their interactions, across all time and length scales, imposes growing requirements for more precise and reliable measurements.
What we do
- Study and measure biomolecules in solution, in cells and in tissues.
- Extract new understanding and test hypotheses through measurement.
- Probe the benefits of different measurement techniques.
- Make measurement tools and methods more robust, comparable, sensitive, specific and accurate.