- An NPL-led research team has engineered an artificial virus able to encapsulate and safely transfer small and large genes into human cells.
- AgPlus Diagnostics has signed a contract to develop a point-of-care test for AstraZeneca.
- NPL scientists have contributed to an expert view article highlighting the importance of measurement science in the field of synthetic biology.
Criticality of Biomolecular Measurement
Biomolecular structure and function underpin all biological and pathological processes, ranging from host defence mechanisms to neurodegeneration.
The complexity of information associated with biomolecules and their interactions, across all time and length scales, imposes growing requirements for more precise and reliable measurements.
What we do
- Study and measure biomolecules in solution, in cells and in tissues.
- Extract new understanding and test hypotheses through measurement.
- Probe the benefits of different measurement techniques.
- Make measurement tools and methods more robust, comparable, sensitive, specific and accurate.
Please note that the information will not be divulged to third parties, or used without your permission